Thursday, July 12, 2012

A lovely garden

I have grand plans to someday have beautiful flower gardens.  Unfortunately, springtime is the time to get the garden started and it's also an insanely busy time of year at school, which doesn't leave much time for gardening.  So that means that my flower gardens are neglected and just sort of grow any which way they'd like and tend to be an overgrown combination of flowers and weeds.  I like to think of them as 'whimsical'!

In the back of my house I have a trellis where I have tried over the years, not very successfully, to grow clematis.  This year I bought two new clematis plants to add to the one I already have to bulk up the foliage on the trellis.  The two new plants have been growing well so far, and just a few days ago I finally got my first blooming flower!  It's a beautiful deep purple with tinges of magenta on the tips.  Gorgeous!  I'm always amazed at the intricate details of a flower.  It reminds me that God has thought of even the most minute of details.  Hopefully I'll get a few more flowers this year so this lone flower can have some lovely company!




No comments:

Post a Comment